Thursday, April 23, 2015

A Sweet Pouch

Kangaroos don't know how good they've got it. I know their pouch is to carry their young, but just think of the things you could keep in there when your baby is grown! As a diabetic planning on running a half marathon on Sunday these are things I think about. I've tried on every pair of running pants in the greater OKC area...and have various pouches and Fannie packs and belts and seriously, nothing quite does the trick. I did end up paying $60 the other day for pants with a perfect pump pocket...I'm sure not what it was designed for, but it fits just right! This way it's not against my skin getting sweaty and not hanging out flopping. The next day I found some with a similar pocket for 1/3 the price, but the pocket is in back.
It's not ideal, but saved me $40 lol! I now have to strategically place my CGM and pump for this pocket so that they transmit the whole time. This is what we call #diabeticproblems! I have to find a place to tuck a glucometer, lancet device, chemstrips, GU packets, extra glucose sources just in case (while I'm on the topic there are tons of these and I haven't found one I enjoy the taste of yet!), band aids, my car key, my pump and my cell phone all in spandex that fits the form in such a way that these extra bulges are less than appealing...and we know it's really all about the pictures and how cute we look! So short of bedazzling a Fannie pack I'm out of ideas! 
And this is where I found myself in envy of the marsupial with a convenient built in pouch. Diabetics should totally be equipped with one of those! 

No comments:

Post a Comment