Thursday, July 25, 2013

Babies and wine are sweet...but not when you're doing Insanity!

I learned a few things with yesterday’s workout and because I love lists, I thought I’d share them in list form. So here you go, in no particular order.

1. I love doing Wine & Palette. My friends and I painted a wine glass at sunset-pictured above. If you’ve never done one, it’s this great new craze where people get together and drink and paint. This can be dangerous, but it’s so much fun!

2. Remember to put your wine/drink glass away from your water cup so that you don’t accidentally dip your brush in your drink…it happens.

3. Drinking prior to doing Insanity is not a great idea. Although it sounded good at the time, I’m not sure I’d choose to do it again…damn near lost some wine last night on my floor…


4. My baby girl hates Shaun T. I’m sorry Shaun, I don’t know what it is, but she was not as enthusiastic about watching Mommy and Daddy work out as the kid pictured above…no, that’s not my child, just some stranger from the internet. I’m not into baby body building, but if they keep staying up to watch us they might be in this shape before long.

5. It’s just about impossible to do Insanity while your daughter is crying and wants you to hold her.

6. Insanity was not made for fat girls and boys. I’m pretty sure I’m doing less than half of the videos so far and feel like I’m dying, but I’m still doing it! 

7. I need new tennis shoes. My feet were killing me midway through…worse than my screaming muscles and the sweat dripping into my eyes! I did find on Shaun T’s blog that he prefers doing this barefoot, so I might try that tonight. We’ll see…

8. This is going to be a really rough 2 months. I’m not sure yet how this is going to go because today I can barely walk.

9. When your hamstrings are sore it’s damn near impossible to lower and raise yourself from a chair or toilet…beware! 

10. Extra workouts are not making perfect blood sugars like they have in the past. I’m struggling right now with a lot more highs than lows, which has been my past experience. I’m not sure what’s going on with that. Stupid diabetes.

11. Diabetes is like Big Brother I’ve learned to, “expect the unexpected"! 

That’s all for today, I’m too sore to type anything more witty! Oh and if you know how to get pictures to upload on here from the phone app help me out lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment