Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sweet Insanity-Day 1

Tonight the hubby and I started Insanity. I know I know, it’s been done a million times and I’m sure there are a bloggers everywhere talking about their experience, but like most, I’m pretty sure I was more traumatized and it is necessary to share this story. 
It starts nice, ShaunT is all encouraging and motivational and you start thinking yeah I can do this. I’ll have a body like Tonya in no time. About 2 minutes in the warm up was getting intense and I thought maybe this was going to be rough…5 minutes in I was certain we should have gotten our affairs in order before starting this…at least signed up for more life insurance or something! 10 minutes in and we’re like two flopping fish trying not to power kick each other in the face…or maybe in the knee because neither of our overweight selves can really kick face high! And by 18 minutes I wished horrible things would happen to Tonya like she’d trip on her own legs and fall doing a suicide jump. I may have blacked out for a minute so I’m not sure what happened, but she was still standing at the end of the video, so I guess we weren’t so lucky. 
Our 8 year old loves our enthusiasm for bettering our health and bodies so she helped out by writing down our counts. Lucky for her she didn’t have to count very high for this. Fit test my sweet ass! I can say with great confidence we have left much room for improvement! 
My blood sugar was 230 at the end which made the pounding in my head that much more noticeable. Day 1 down…and I’m afraid to go to sleep for fear I may not be able to stand when I wake up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment