Thursday, July 25, 2013

Simple and Sweet

I logged on here and realized I haven't written in forever! So it's like starting all over again! 
 Hello, my name is Shannon. I am a wife, a mom, and an insulin dependent diabetic, and I am simply me. I wear an insulin pump and check my blood sugar multiple times a day and I have highs and lows (thank you Steel Magnolias for shedding light on what that means), but it’s all just part of my sweet life. I have 3 kids (the one I was pregnant with is a girl and almost 2!) and a dog and live in your typical middle class suburban neighborhood. I married a guy I graduated from high school with even though we didn’t start dating until we were 20. Our 10 year wedding anniversary is this year and I can’t imagine my life anywhere else. 
I work full time and I work part time and I’m a mom all of the time. I have 3 beautiful kids who are totally perfect…except when they aren’t. I love Big Brother, Survivor, and True Blood and yes, if Alexander Skarsgard came to my door I’d definitely invite him in. My family and I love to try new things and eat great things and somehow over the last few years I’ve eaten my way right up to almost 200 lbs. I work, I live, I love, I’m a diabetic, and I need to lose weight…so here I am, writing about all of the above. 
I’ve decided 2013 is the year of the better me. My husband and I are dumping debt aka. We’re on a budget and paying it off…thank you Dave Ramsey. I am dumping stuff aka. I’ve made many trips to the local Goodwill in the last few weeks to get rid of anything we don’t need or love…it’s a work in progress. And I’m dumping fat aka. Get off your ass and do something Shannon! So, I’ve downloaded Myfitnesspal and been tracking away, I’ve taken before pictures (that was painful) and tomorrow we started Insanity 3 days ago…and by we I mean, I somehow convinced my husband that this journey is not one I should take alone. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary on the beach of Mexico in 9 weeks so here we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment