Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Sweet Glo



We did our first 5K last weekend and the kids did a 1 mile fun run…and I think I’ve started something! This one was called the GloRun so it was at night and involved glow in the dark paint, neon, black lights, and so much fun! We got together and decorated shirts beforehand and the kids thought it was a blast! 

Nails were painted with neon glow paint and we were decked out with necklaces and bracelets galore! My favorite part was our glowing shoelaces, but I don’t think I got a good picture of those-so many compliments! My brother in law and his girlfriend ran with us…and by ran I mean I think I might have run 1 mile lol! Bless my heart, kids were passing me…but I finished! (Sadly their parents were screaming at them and not encouraging...I felt really sad for them. At one point we wanted to ask one to just join us and tell the jerk father to move along!) I think my time was like 47:06 and with no training and about 0 running experience, I’m okay with that. We had a blast! I appreciate so much that my brother in law stayed with my honey and his girlfriend stayed with me. They are in much better shape than us, but just encouraged us the whole way! 

This diabetic poses tricky problems having never done anything like this before. I was high in the morning, changed a pump site and low in the evening. After chugging juice, eating dinner and downing a bottle of glucose tabs my tummy was much fuller than I’d like for running, so we did a lot of brisk walking. Today I signed us up for another, but this time I’m going to be more prepared! I’m walking/jogging in preparation so that I can beat my time and I’ll make sure I wear my sensor! I’m also going to order this cool thing to carry Diabetic supplies (think trendy fanny pack for runners) it’ll be so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment