Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sweet Ride

So last night we decided on a family activity for some fitness. We went to a local park and took our bikes. We rode the same path that we had run last week for our 5K. I was thinking it would be so easy on bikes that we could probably make two laps lol...but I've also worked out like twice a day all week and it was getting dark, so I was wrong! At any rate, we rode 3 miles as a family and had such a great time! When we were finished my son asked me if we could have special days where we did some exercise just he and I and another day just my daughter and I. I thought that was really cute! 
I am noticing since I've really upped my exercise this week it's taking a tole on the blood sugar. I'm seeing a lot more lows, but also seeing more highs. I guess it's time to start wearing the sensor to see where I need to adjust. I'm not sure if I'm having rebound highs from glycogen breakdown or what...diabetes-such a crazy phenomenon! 


Here's a picture of a little bridge we crossed during our ride. The kids had to stop and look over. I love getting them involved in our fitness, and they really enjoy getting out and moving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment