Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Super Sweet Friends

I heard on the radio the other night that these days friendships are more important even than relationships because so many relationships are no longer forever. We need those strong, bonded, supportive friendships for our health and happiness. 
So I have several friends who are all on various fitness journeys. Two have been doing it for years, eat fantastic, teach classes, work out daily and look phenomenal. One is on her second 90 day transformation and is doing unbelievable! She’s changed her life to mimic the first two friends, which I think is the key to ultimate success. Then there are a few of us in the beginning or on going stages of starting this journey, including my sister and my husband. What I’ve found though, is no matter where you are you need friends to help you succeed. Friends motivate, encourage, and share joys and disappointments with one another. I’ve found myself texting one or more of these friends daily for advice, tips, and encouragement and it’s so helpful…and they want to help because they’ve all been where I am right now.
I guess this is the beauty of social media. We post on Facebook and have 450 friends at our disposal to offer advice, support and tips. We blog and have people who offer support or people who are looking for support from you even when you don’t know them. My friends have been so great and willing to help guide and encourage me that I had to write about it. Be a friend to someone. It’s such a sweet gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment