Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Itchy Belly!!!

My belly itches like crazy today...it's not enough that I always have some itching from the adhesive on my infusion site and then the tape I have to use to keep my CGM in place...now I'm stretching and dry too!  I need lotion and will surely slather it on when I get home, careful not to bother my other devices. 
Speaking of those devices, I have my first "big" level 2 ultrasound on Monday with the high risk OB.  I have to remember to move these things around so that I don't get goop in them either...I'm not sure my sensor would like that, although it might help my numbers out...you never know!  Things to think about!  I found this picture of alternate site locations...
It's funny, I've worn a pump for 13 years and have almost always used my stomach...I guess we get stuck in a rut.  So I'm thinking that this week I will go for an alternate location and see what happens.  Heck, it might even help my numbers do better.  Maybe my arm or thigh would absorb better than my flabby overused belly! 
I'm excited at a thorough peek at the little one, but nervous at what they might find.  The blood sugars have been far from perfect and I know the risks and complications associated with it.  We have also decided that we don't want to find out the sex of the baby, something most people think we're crazy for doing, and that's going to be really hard!  Of course we both want to know, I mean, who doesn't...but I think it would be so much fun to be surprised!  This is going to be a challenge...I'm pretty sure Robby thinks I'll give in and find out, but I'm standing strong!  As long as they don't accidentally show me something, we're good to go!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm soooo excited that you are not going to find out the sex! I begged my SIL not to find out since she already had one of each but nooooo. I think that if u already have one of each..why not. If I ever got pregnant again(and I better NOT haha) I totally wouldnt find out =)

    ReplyDelete