Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 7~Leave your health a text or voicemail

My first instinct about leaving my diabetes a text or voicemail is about being mean to it...but that's not really in my nature.  I try to be more of a positive influence, always seeing the good in people and things.  So, then I started thinking about nice things I could say to diabetes...thank you for not taking my life, yet...thank you for the great people I've met and the determination you've taught me...even though you're not a great listener, I feel like we're communicating pretty well right now, let's keep it up...but none seem quite right.  It's like picking out the perfect card for that certain someone when you just don't know what to say.  I'm stumped...anyway, here's what I came up with...

"Hey D, it's me Shannon.  I know it's been a while since we've really had a heart to heart and I'd like to catch up.  I feel like you were really angry with me when I first got pregnant, but after much hard work I think we've come to an understanding.  I'd like to try and keep it that way.  We all do so much better when we can get along.  I know that you want a happy home to reside in and my body isn't going to be happy if you tear it down.  Anyway, thanks for cooperating, I appreciate it.  I'll be talking to you soon when we hit another pregnancy wall and have to have another CTJ meeting.  Until then, stay strong and carry on!"

*a CTJ is what I lovingly call a Come To Jesus Meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment