Friday, April 1, 2011

Type 1 Diabetes~The Acrostic Poem

So, I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but have been following a few fellow D bloggers for a while.  I saw a link the other day about April being Health Activist Writer's Month and the folks at Wego Health have issued a challenge!  I decided it might be time for me to try a little challenge, so here I am...starting 2 days late, but that's okay...we can catch up and do this!

Day 1's Challenge-Health Acrostic~write an acrostic for your condition or the word HEALTH. 
I think I'll give that a try, so here we go! 

This disease is called diabetes,
You know there are different kinds?
Pumping is my way of life
Even though it's a trying time.
1 dream that someday there will be a cure,
Diabetics could live without fear.
It could happen with enough advocacy
And talking into the right ear!
But as for now we pump and test
Eat like we should and
Take this disease with the best!
Everyday hoping tomorrow will be better,
So support your diabetic friend with a congressman letter!

I found a link to this letter written by the JDRF asking congress to support the artificial pancreas by signing the letter to the FDA Commissioner for clear guidelines to begin outpatient trials.  You don't have to be a diabetic to do this.  The letter is written for you, all you need to do is fill in your name and information and it will be emailed to your local congressmen and women! 
Here is a link to more information on the artificial pancreas as well if you've never heard of it! 

Thanks!!!!

1 comment: