Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 5~A Health Haiku

I am so not a poetic person, especially fancy ones like the Haiku…write a poem with only 3 lines, a certain number of syllables in each line (5/7/5) and make it meaningful and make sense…seriously?  Who made this up?  But I’m in it and so here I go! 
Actually in my investigation about a Haiku I learned that in the Japanese tradition a Haiku is 17 moras (or on), not syllables, but since I don’t know Japanese or what moras are…I’ll stick with the English version and count my syllables…


Our disease makes us
 sick without showing itself.
Diabetes, yuck!

Insulin, needles,
Meters, Pumps and CGMs
Things I need each day.

My head feels heavy
Glassy eyes, heavy fog, oops
Time to eat a snack.

That’s all I’ve got.  As I mentioned…not a poet!  I feel silly even posting these, so I added some pictures for a little help!

No comments:

Post a Comment