Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 3~Write your own health question & answer

It's funny, it's usually easy to talk about the funny questions people ask you and how they make you feel...until you're asked to do this yourself!
I touched on some in my last blog with the questions not to ask a parent of a diabetic video, so I thought with this one I'd take an approach to more of what applies to my current life situation.

Q:  Should you have kids since you are diabetic?

A:  I'm pregnant with my 3rd child...I sure hope it's okay!  Steel Magnolias is not the tell all when it comes to diabetes and pregnancy.  Shelby, the character in the movie, had serious complications and was told by her doctor not to get pregnant.  I on the other hand have avoided serious complications so far and have not been told that by my doctor.  My heart, kidneys and eyes are in good shape at this point.  We are being watched really closely and hopefully everything will go well, but thank you for your concern.

Q:  Will your kids have diabetes too?
A:  I sure hope not, but that's not up to me!  There are some increased risks that a child of a type 1 will end up with diabetes, I actually blogged about it just the other day here.   However, there are also tons of people who are diagnosed with no family history (me for example).  I certainly hope that no one thinks that I subjected my kids to this impending doom on purpose or something! 

And my personal favorite question and answer from the above video...

Q:  Should you eat that?

A:  There are only two things I cannot eat, poison...and cookies...made with poison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment