Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our Easter Adventure

Well, we lost our ever loving minds and let the kids pick out a bunny yesterday.  This alone was an adventure.  I knew if we looked I would cave, and I was right.  First we went to the local tractor supply store that has had some and they were all sold out.  They still had some chicks, but if you know our history I nixed that REAL quick.  Robby bought us 5 right before I found out I was pregnant with Reagan and I thought I might kill him…oh the fun of being married to this Giordano~LOL! 
Anyway, the lady told us that there were always some at the Mary's Swap Meet, we should try there...interesting place, to say the least.  So we drove out to see what we could find.  There weren't very many people still out, but there was one man with a truck and cases of bunnies, chicks, duck, pigeons, and game cocks (yes in Oklahoma there is still underground cock fighting).  Side note, Robby asked the man how much the game cocks were, the man said $40-70 and then he asked why someone would buy one of those... the man said, "People like to look at them  ;)" and he literally winked at Robby.  Now my husband has on his "list" to attend a cock fight...and he thinks he's found the right person to ask.  Luckily he didn't go into that while we were on this adventure.
So, back to the bunnies, there are 3 large crates with bunnies of various sizes.  We wanted a tiny one that could grow with the kids handling it and be accustomed to our noise and playing.  So we went for the little ones that the guy said were 4-6 weeks old.  There were all different bunnies, black with a white stripe, grey with white stripes, salt and pepper and 2 tiny solid black ones.  They were so cute!  So we decided on one of those that was huddled under some others keeping warm.  This little guy literally is a little bigger than the palm of your hand.  He is all black and just snuggles right up to you.  Reagan was so excited I thought she was going to lose it!  She asked the man what we carry the bunny home in and he gave her a yellow potato sack of some sorts...I wasn't really comfortable with that, so we looked around for a box and found one luckily.  I was envisioning the little bunny pooping in the bag which was filled with small holes...yeah, mess waiting to happen.  So we headed home with our new friend in tow.  We talked about names the whole way and decided it needed an Easter-ish name.  I think Robby suggested Jelly Bean and we all loved it.  Since we don't know if it's a boy or girl, we thought that was pretty gender neutral and cute.  Reagan has since decided it's certainly a boy...not sure why.
So we got Jelly Bean all settled in his new home and introduced him to Boomer, which went pretty well.  He is the sweetest little thing.  He hasn't tried to nip at us at all and snuggles right up to you.  If you pet his head and back he closes his little eyes and even fell asleep on me last night.  He is precious!
So, after we got the kids and Jelly Bean all tucked in for bed, Robby and I filled their little eggs with candy and got baskets and everything ready.  We hadn't watched the weather, but there had been a chance of rain for like 4 days.  It has been cloudy and icky, but no rain yet.  I asked what Robby thought about the eggs and he said, "they're plastic, I'm sure it will be fine if they get sprinkled on...let's just put them outside."  Apparently we should have watched the weather prior to doing this...but we didn't.  So at about 1:30 we hear knocking this noise and I realize it's thunder.  I jump out of the bed and tell him we have to get the eggs.  If it rains badly some of the stuff will surely be ruined, and if it's still raining in the morning that won't be any fun for the kids.  So out I go in my pajama pants in the dark as it's starting to sprinkle on my head.  Robby comes behind...in boxer shorts and we are running around the yard frantically trying to pick up eggs as it's starting to rain on us!  I literally just started cracking up laughing.  I'm sure we looked like fools, luckily I hope no one was looking.  Oh, and did I mention it was dark?  LOL!  We had our own Easter egg hunt, half naked, in the dark at 1:30 in the morning!  Seriously?  Only me!  LOL!!!!  It was hysterical though and we got in just in the nick of time!  Then the bottom let out!!!  I'm so glad we decided to grab them rather than leaving them out though, and we got a great laugh at ourselves in the meantime.  Oh the things we do for our kids! 
At any rate, I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and didn't get stuck in the rain in their underwear  ;) someone might think you were crazy or something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment